SACRED HEART NATIONAL SCHOOL
Joy Nagar, Chathamangalam
Annual report for the academic year 2019 – 2020
“I alone cannot change the world but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples”.
A warm good evening to the honourable chief guest of the day Mr. A.J Varghese, Deputy Director, ESI Kozhikode, very Rev. Fr. James Kumbukal, the President of the function, esteemed members of the management committee of SHNS the distinguished guest, staff students and dear parents, with your permission I now present the annual report of the year 2019-2020 in a nutshell.
In academic side
The school began on 6th June 2019 for the academic year 2019-20.
- As per the instructions given by CBSE we scheduled our examination system into: Two term exams and two mid - term exams . Examinations are conducted in accordance with the CBSE guidelines.
- Students with special need and those who are weak in studies were identified and monitored assigned by the class teachers and subject teachers. Such pupils and their parents are then counseled by the principal and such students attended Remedial classes.
- Special periods are provided for Language lab and value education.
- To promote reading and writing in Malayalam news reading was made compulsory from 19th June onwards.
- A dream became a reality. On September 19th 2019 SHNS received NOC and Affiliation from State Government. And On November 12th CBSE inspection team, New Delhi inspected and submitted report for the affiliation.
To facilitate the development of various domains of mind and personality.a lot of Co-curricular activities were organized during the year.
- Our Taek-won-do team participated 14th Kerala state Taek-won-do championship at Rajeev Gandhi Indoor Stadium, Ernakulam.
- Colour theme day, Arts day, Sports day etc. are some of the extra curricula activities conducted in the school.
Sports and Games
- Our students are getting training in chess, Football Badminton, table tenni’s Athletics etc during class hours.
- School Sports day was inaugurated on ----23rd November 2019---- by Subaidar Titto Mathew, The Coach of Indian rowing team.
- Our Kinter Garten students participated in Malabar Sahodaya Kid’s Fest and I am proud to announce that, out of 8 items we bagged three seconds, 2 third and secured A grade for other three items. Out of the 26 school participants, our school got the 5th position.
Celebrations, sharing the happy moments together.
Independence day, Onam, Christmas, Republic day and other important festivals were celebrated with great zest and veneration.
To Nurture democracy among students, the school conducted School Parliamentary Election on 25th June 2019.
The investiture ceremony for the newly elected student council members was held in a grand way with sashes being handed ones to the members of student council by Mr. Kurian John.
On Independence day flag was hoisted by the School Principal, and, March Past and mass drill is followed by flag hoisting.
- School Arts Day was inaugurated by Ms. Jayanthi, Senior most faculty of Silver Hills Public School.
- Important days like Environmental day, Reading day, children’s day were observed and activities signifying their importance were conducted in school.
Sacred Heart National School students are enjoying. All the infrastructure facilities like spacious and full furnished class rooms, science lab, computer lab, language la. library and smart class rooms.
The school places a lot of importance in maintaining cordial relationship with parents with extra care being provided to attend every individual issue brought for attention. The periodic PTM provides a platform for two-way communication between teachers and parents and affords a good opportunity to interact face to face on all issues concerning the progress of students.
Other than class wise meeting two parents teachers general meeting were conducted.
Enhancement of skills in Teachers
As part of enrichment programme,
Teachers attended an interactions class with Mrs. Beena Philip, a well known resource person.
A dream becomes a reality, when the dream is execute through vision and hard work. It is the Educationalist in Fr. Jose Oravanamthadathil his love and respect towards children and his commitment to the country firm this school in this Vellannur Mala. Yes, we are blessed to have an inspiring Manager, his passion to hard work and motivation is a driving force behind the achievement of this institution. Thank You father for all encouragement that you gave us. A special word of thanks to my dedicated teachers, supporting parents and hard working students.
I am glad to be a part of this great family and conclude by thanking the Almighty for his graces and blessings during this academic year.